< Back to 68k.news UK front page

Man arrested on suspicion of teen's murder released as second held | ITV News

Original source (on modern site) | Article images: [1]

One of two men arrested on suspicion of murdering Plymouth teen Bobbi-Anne McLeod has been released with no further action.

A second man has been held for further questioning.

Devon and Cornwall Police arrested two men - aged 24 and 26 - on suspicion of murder after a body was found in the search for missing teenager Bobbi-Anne McLeod.

The force has today (November 25) confirmed the 26-year-old has been released "with no further action being taken in relation to this matter".

The force says the second man - who is aged 24 - remains in police custody on suspicion of murder under a warrant of further detention.

It follows the discovery of a body in Bovisand during the search of Bobbi-Anne McLeod, who went missing on Saturday 20 November.

Speaking at a press conference earlier in the week, Devon and Cornwall Police Assistant Chief Constable Nikki Leaper expressed her personal condolences to the teenager's family and friends.

Assistant Chief Constable Nikki Leaper outside Crownhill Police Station in Plymouth Credit: Ben Birchall

She said: "We are aware of the significant level of interest in the ongoing murder investigation being run by our major crime team and we want to provide you with the latest information in regards to that.

"Officers located the body of a woman in the Bovisand area in South Hams after information led enquiries being carried out in the area.

"Formal identification has not been carried out but the family of Bobbi-Anne McLeod have been informed of the development and they continue to be supported by specialist officers.

"Searches are expected to continue over the coming days and the public can expect to see an increased police presence during that time."

Tributes from Bobbi-Anne's family, friends, and schools have poured in and a vigil is planned for Thursday 25 November.

< Back to 68k.news UK front page